New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kas
Rookie

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  6:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband is 69, on oxygen - level 3 continuous, had a TIA a few years ago, etc. He is on 17 different meds/day plus Brovana and Budnisone 2/day. A new doctor recently told us that "people with less than 10 years to live..." This was the first time any one ever gave us a time schedule' on his life span. I'm not sure if he is on Level 3 or 4. 'Don't have his latest test info to supply. He tries to walk a little on our treadmill, but only for a few minutes. He has a good appetite. He doesn't sleep for more than a few hours at a time. Our family physician says he can live 15 more years, but now I don't believe him. So...anyone have any advice or more telltale signs he is coming to the end level 4?

CarolCA
Contributing Member

USA
3023 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  6:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No matter what anyone says the length of time he will live is not predictable because everyone with COPD is so different and much of it depends on the rest of our medical problems. He does need to stay mentally and physcially as active as possible. Start small and just increase as he can. Anyone of us should have all our affairs in order, living will, power of attorney, will, etc regardless of how long we have. Enjoy each day and try not to look down the road too far.
Go to Top of Page

Kas
Rookie

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  9:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CarolCA Thank you for your response. We do have our affairs in order,thank goodness. One day at a time is a good approach. Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000