New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KimCT
Rookie

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  8:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering if anyone else has tried one TBS of apple cider vinegar and one TBS of honey in a cup of boiling water. I have used it for a while now and I find it helps with getting up some mucus, I found it in one of my natural remedy books on vinegar uses.
I have such a hard time with medication that I try to find natural ways to do things. If anyone has other ideas I would love to hear them

George_NY

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2012 :  10:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My PC suggested ginger tea and brown sugar. Haven't tried yet because i don't like ginger.

FEV1 67, O2 2 LM / 3LM to exercise etc... also had heart attack N double bypass, enlarged lungs and Hiatle Hernia.
Curmudgeon
Go to Top of Page

Sandyspen

USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  11:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kim,

That remedy sure brought back some memories for me. As long as I can remember my dad took vinegar and honey every morning like clock work. Though he passed away many years ago, he lived a long, healthy life. No dire diseases at all. Maybe there's something to that one--

~ Sandy
"Happiness" is not a destination--it's the trip!
Go to Top of Page

la.musiclady

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  08:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George, my doctor told me that black tea had tremendous broncodialator benefits in it and that 2 a day worked great...So I conconcted my own..added some ginger and orange for flavor... I think you could add anything to it to break up the bland taste.
quote:
Originally posted by George_NY

My PC suggested ginger tea and brown sugar. Haven't tried yet because i don't like ginger.

BVL
Go to Top of Page

George_NY

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  11:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
drink tea every night but green tea usually, hope that works as well, will check around. Thanks

FEV1 67, O2 2 LM / 3LM to exercise etc... also had heart attack N double bypass, enlarged lungs and Hiatle Hernia.
Curmudgeon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000