trying tudorza pressair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosytomato
Contributing Member

1076 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  5:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to Pulmo today for checkup. Since I cannot use Symbicort, he does not want to put me on any of the other combos due to chest pain, which he believes will occur with the others also.

He asked if I would like to try tudorza pressair (which will replace my Spiriva) and I said OK. I know that it's twice a day whereas Spiriva is once a day, but he said that it works a little faster than Spiriva and while they share some side effects, tudorza also does not have some of the side effects as Spiriva. Since I can't use the LABAS or combos, I figure I'd give this a try.

Has anyone tried this medication yet and if so, what did you think?

Rosy

rosytomato
Contributing Member

1076 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  8:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I've decided that I will not be using this new medication. Insurance company would be charging too much, because it's a non-formulary (too new) and I actually felt worse several hours after I used it in the doctors office. I will call him on Monday to let him know what happened.

Go to Top of Page

PennyPA
Contributing Member

USA
4633 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  9:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If spiriva was working, why would you change?

Instead of a combo, why not use flovent and serevent or some such other twosome?

You canít change the past but you can ruin the present worrying about the future.

The Bad News: Time flies as you get older.
The Good News: Youíre still the pilot.

Penny's Lung Volume Reduction Surgery

And Our Travel Blog After LVRS

Go to Top of Page

rosytomato
Contributing Member

1076 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  10:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess pulmo just thought since I can't use the LABAs that maybe this new med might help. Even though it is similar to Spiriva, it suppossedly works faster than Spiriva. Honestly Penny, I don't know exactly what Spiriva is doing for me because I've been on it since I was diagnosed along with the Symbicort that I had to stop and replace with Flovent.

If I have a bad reaction to the combos due to the LABA in them, wouldn't the Serevent cause the same problem? I know Bo suggested that to me a while back also. I'm confused about this.

I have a good pulmonologist here (in FL), but his office is so busy it seems like we don't have much time to talk when I am there. I'm feeling a little sad about all of this today, I just want to feel better. My pulmonologist in NY used to spend a lot of time with me at my appointments, but I don't have that here. Another reason I really miss NY.
Go to Top of Page

greatunclebill
Rookie

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  11:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rosytomato - when i have a problem with too little time or too many things to remember to say or ask, i print out a little talking paper and give it to the nurse for the doc to look at when he picks up the chart before he comes in the room. i do a little medical history the same way for every new doctor i see along with a current med list for every doc at every appointment.

USAF Retired MSgt(E-7)
1968-1990
Go to Top of Page

Bo H

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  12:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rosy said "If I have a bad reaction to the combos due to the LABA in them, wouldn't the Serevent cause the same problem? I know Bo suggested that to me a while back also. I'm confused about this."

Get a sample of serevent from the Dr. and try it. Isn't it worth maybe a little discomfort to try to find something that works. It will not be life threatening in any way. The confusing part of all of this seems to be your indecision as to what you want...

Bo in Al
Go to Top of Page

rosytomato
Contributing Member

1076 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  6:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by greatunclebill

rosytomato - when i have a problem with too little time or too many things to remember to say or ask, i print out a little talking paper and give it to the nurse for the doc to look at when he picks up the chart before he comes in the room. i do a little medical history the same way for every new doctor i see along with a current med list for every doc at every appointment.

Thank you for this great advice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000