Posted - Mar 30 2016 : 12:29:59 PM
| Interface Analysis Associates, a Healthcare Usability Firm located in Saratoga, CA is conducting a brief survey on the topic of problems patients and/or their caregivers sometimes experience during their training or initial at home use of an inhaler or similar device.
We want to learn more about the issues experienced during the initial use of new inhalers and similar devices in order to identify better ways to design the devices, instructions, and approaches to patient training.
The link to the survey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7J3WLGV
Have you experienced any type of issues or problems during training or the first few attempts at using an inhaler or similar device at home, whether this applies to your current device/drug or some previous device/drug you were prescribed?
If you ever experienced any of the following, please share your experiences with us through this survey.
• I was too scared or intimidated by the device to perform the procedure.
• I intentionally delayed starting treatment
• I performed the procedure but with a lot of hesitation and difficulty, and I might have made some mistakes.
• I made a mistake and did not receive my full dose (I lost some or all of the medication).
• I could not figure out how to use the device and returned it to my health care provider or pharmacist.
• I had to call my health care provider or pharmacist for help in order to complete the procedure.
• I asked for additional training from my health care provider or pharmacist.
• I took the drug less often than I was supposed to, or stopped using it because of the difficulty I had in using the device and performing the procedure.
• I asked my doctor to switch to a different device/drug because of the difficulty I had in using the device and performing the procedure.
The survey should take only 5 minutes to complete. We hope you can contribute to this effort and help us uncover and solve the difficulties experienced by patients when delivering their own drug therapy with a new device.
Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7J3WLGV
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing about your experiences. It would be greatly appreciated if you would share this survey with any other qualifying people you know.
Note: this survey is anonymous and no personal information is collected.