New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeenTx
Rookie

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  9:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I've been reading this forum for sometime now and have found so much helpful information. for the last 3 years I have received my Symbicort free from AstraZeneca through their patient assistance program. I'm a widow and my only income is SS. They changed the requirements this year which means I have to spend $700 out of pocket on prescriptions before I qualify to receive it at no cost. I've been buying Spiriva from Inhouse Pharmacy but it's still expensive. I decided to try AllDayChemist and was amazed at the difference in the cost of Spiriva and the generic for Symbicort. I use the 160/4.5 Symbicort so I asked my pulmo if it is ok to use the 200/6 generic from ADC and he said it would be fine. He totally approved getting my Meds from ADC. I started an order from ADC but before I could check out it asked for a prescription. My question is for those that use ADC is do you have to have a prescription to order?
Thanks

tsainta
Contributing Member

USA
1544 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2017 :  11:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I pay no attention to the prescription request and the meds still come.

Tony-CA

The statistics on sanity say that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. Are they're OK? Then it's you.
Go to Top of Page

PennyPA
Contributing Member

USA
5755 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Tony said, no, you don't have to use a prescription but I think I finally filled that info in just so they don't keep asking it. I just filled in the basics but you don't have to.

Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many

You canít change the past but you can ruin the present worrying about the future.

The Bad News: Time flies as you get older.
The Good News: Youíre still the pilot.

Penny's Lung Volume Reduction Surgery

And Our Travel Blog After LVRS

Go to Top of Page

DeenTx
Rookie

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I will place an order today.
Go to Top of Page

muddleaged

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  4:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't figure out how to send the prescription. I gave up and called them. The person I spoke with said, "Let me see if these need a prescription." He returned and said, "No, we don't need a prescription for these." I placed my order, paid with credit card, and received meds in good time. I followed Penny's suggestion and got a year supply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000