New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susanrich
Rookie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  11:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone taken Daliresp & what side effects.

ses

jmrommes
Contributing Member

1685 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2017 :  11:48:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't taken it, but the most common side effects are intestinal issues: nausea, diarrhea, no appetite, etc. Sometimes people have weird or frightening dreams and ideation. Experience has demonstrated that if you can take a smaller dose for a period of time, like half a pill, or once every two or three days and then gradually increase to the full dose, the side effects go away and people who have stayed on the med have had wonderful results. So I encourage you to try it and work with your doc to see what you can figure out that will reduce any side effects you have initially. You may be one of the people who don't have any side effects, in which case, I think you'll see results you'll like.

There is a study that will be starting fairly soon (I hope) comparing daliresp and azithromycin 3 X week to see which one works best for people, and maybe be able to get some data about sub-groups (smokers, recent non-smoker, long-term non-smokers, etc.).

Exercise not only lets me live, it enables me to have a life.
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2017 :  10:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried it on the advice of my pulmo but had to come off it. I had some bad stomach issues with it. I did not find it pleasant at all to take.
Go to Top of Page

MDC

344 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2017 :  6:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been taking it for several years, been stage 4 since about 2011/2012. I thought it helped my sat readings but it did not help reduce exacerbations for me. My Pulmonary Dr put me on azithromycin 3 X week and it made all the difference, really easy to clear mucous and I have been able to stay out of ER and Hospital.

I am going to talk to new Dr I see in October about dropping daliresp and staying with azithromycin 3 X week.

No side effects here with daliresp and it did help some but did not keep me out of ER and hospital.

Mike

"I don't know what the future holds, but I KNOW WHO holds my future"

Edited by - MDC on Jul 25 2017 6:37:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000