Hurricane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roadrunne98

USA
199 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  6:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With 02 what have some of you done if you are in Florida.

deb fla

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  10:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ordered more oxygen tanks. They gave me 4 tanks, I now have about a 40 hour supply. I live on the Alafia River, but we are in a stilt house. Whilst my brother,wife and friends prepared, I just wanted to sleep. Can any one tell me if the change in barometric pressure affects copd patients? I know when we had commercial fishing boats, it changed a lot about the fishs' habits.

deborah brantley
Go to Top of Page

deb fla

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  10:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah Alafia is off Tampa Bay, We are taking a direct hit, I am nervouse as hell

deborah brantley
Go to Top of Page

Dave-OH
Administrator

USA
3950 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  12:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can look at your surge risk here http://egis.pinellascounty.org/apps/stormsurgeprotector/index.html

Dave, Forum Administrator
COPD Support, Inc. http://www.copd-support.com/
Your source for peer support and COPD Info

Chat room http://chat.copd-support.com
Mobile chat room for pads and phone Chat room http://chat.copd-support.com/m

My Site: http://lungresources.com
Go to Top of Page

tsainta
Contributing Member

USA
1665 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  12:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any change in barometric pressure affects me. Higher pressure good; lower pressure bad.

Tony-CA

50% of dealing with COPD is common sense.
Go to Top of Page

rjh-spokane
Rookie

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  02:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Low pressure will have less oxygen in it per cubic foot as the lack of pressure allows the air to expand which results in less oxygen modules per cubic foot. High pressure in turn will compress and concentrate the air so there is more oxygen modules per cubic foot.
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  10:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a real problem with low pressure/storms. It makes breathing so much harder. It affects my dog too, she always knows when a storm is coming, she tries to hide. On those days I just stay home on the couch. Deb please stay as safe as you can. Get out if you have a way to do it.
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
62 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deb, I forgot to say, why did you only get 4 tanks. That will not be enough if you cannot get out of your home. I would have ordered a ton of them. I hope you will be ok and have a way to get out if you need it.
Go to Top of Page

rosytomato
Contributing Member

USA
1339 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  1:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in Florida too. This is a scary situation here. We did the best we could to protect ourselves. I feel my breathing more difficult today. We will have a curfew here for 24 hours starting at 9 pm tonight (so far). I'll be thinking of all of our Floridians and anyone else in the path of Irma. Our last hurricane was Matthew in October of 2016 just about a year ago.
Go to Top of Page

rjh-spokane
Rookie

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  01:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worry about all of you in Florida, it has to be very scary. Over two million people without power, That means no concentrator. They wouldn't have enough bottles if they had many people like me.
Go to Top of Page

Roadrunne98

USA
199 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope all were safe. It is just a windy day here so far at 9 am. No power outage. Didn't get what they were saying. Thank goodness.
Go to Top of Page

deb fla

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  10:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by faybees

Deb, I forgot to say, why did you only get 4 tanks. That will not be enough if you cannot get out of your home. I would have ordered a ton of them. I hope you will be ok and have a way to get out if you need it.

deborah brantley
Go to Top of Page

deb fla

USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2017 :  10:24:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I asked for as many as they could give me,(just in case elec was out for weeks), I have one tank that could last 2 days, My concentrator has a refiller, we have a generator, which we could not store in the house, because of the oxygen. However ALL IS WELL. we never lost power!! The river was sucked out to sea, The tide is rising and only about 1 ft above normal. We are SO LUCKY!!

deborah brantley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000