Medical marijuana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulmjo

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  07:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was approved for medical marijuana for some back problems, but read where some feel it helps with COPD. I am on low THC with CBD, reports indicate can be very good as anti inflammatory, my goal is not to get”high” but let other properties of chemicals work. Just started three days ago,and hope it is not like a placebo but i think I find a difference already, have not had to use nebulizer last few days, was using 3 times a day, and cough is not as bad.
Will give it some time to see if it is for real.

Jocopd

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  08:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought from previous post it is the liquid form that helps copd? I know a friend in pulmonary rehab who got copd from smoking marijuana all these years, never smoked regular cigarettes. I can smell it on her now and then and it seems she coughs more on those days. I shudder at the thought of inhaling more smoke into my lungs! But if it were to help then I would so let us know!
Go to Top of Page

paulmjo

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  08:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a liquid, put drop or two under tongue.
Go to Top of Page

mxh0471

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2017 :  10:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting indeed. Please keep us posted regularly. Thanks, Mike

Mike-mi
Go to Top of Page

paulmjo

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  5:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost a week , i think it helps. I had several bad breathing and mucus days just prior to using the oil drops under the tongue, had four good days and just one kinda bad, I will update result in a week or so.
Go to Top of Page

rosytomato
Contributing Member

USA
1353 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  6:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds promising. Too bad it's not available to more of us to try. Who dispenses this and where is it available?
Go to Top of Page

Dave-OH
Administrator

USA
4138 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2017 :  12:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is state by state and not all states include COPD.

Dave, Forum Administrator
COPD Support, Inc. http://www.copd-support.com/
Your source for peer support and COPD Info

Chat room http://chat.copd-support.com
Mobile chat room for pads and phone Chat room http://chat.copd-support.com/m

My Site: http://lungresources.com
Go to Top of Page

paulmjo

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2017 :  08:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In florida have to see a doctor approved to prescribe medical marijuana, cost $199.00 here, then make application to the state, $75.00, about 3 weeks later get a number to use at approved dispensary,
Not approved for copd, but was approved because of some chronic back pain.
There is dispensary about 5 miles away for me, otherwise order online and pay ispensary to deliver, usually extra $25 fee.
Go to Top of Page

Greg-TX

222 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  8:30:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple friends who take the cannabis oil where the THC has been removed for arthritis and joint pain; they swear by it. Heck, I'm game for anything that will cut the mucus or help me breath better. Keep us posted.

Greg-TX
"Alcohol"- because no great story ever started with someone eating a salad!
Go to Top of Page

Nonna
Rookie

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2018 :  9:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul, It has been a little while since you started using the cannabis oil and I was wondering if you still feel an improvement in your COPD symptoms? How about the pain, has it helped? Thank you, Debra

Nonna
Go to Top of Page

paulmjo

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2018 :  07:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had a family emergency and just started using it again, I believe it helps, it really makes a difference with sleeping, sleep much better , also a little help with breathing since it has anti inflammatory properties.
If legal where you are, why not, found no side effects.
Go to Top of Page

Nonna
Rookie

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2018 :  10:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Paul, I'm definitely considering it.

Nonna
Go to Top of Page

hapolati

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2018 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience with pot is that it turns on my attention and affinity to music so I might play harmonica or sing and find I breathe easier and deeper. I quit smoking it and instead bake it in cookies. Edibles last longer and stronger than smoking. My state doesn't allow it yet - medical or recreational.

terry farley
Go to Top of Page

paulmjo

USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  08:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The marijuana i am on, legal in florida, is a 1 to 1 ratio of THC to CBD, may relax me a little but no real sensation of a high. It is a liquid oil, a few drops under tongue twice a day.
Go to Top of Page

Mike MI
Rookie

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  8:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Folks,
The Pros:
I have had a pretty remarkable response from Rick Simpson oil. It is very high in THC and low in CBD it is extremely expensive at about $ 50.00 per 5 ml at my dispensary in Houghton. With a minimum order requirement of 15 ml and 1 week pre notice of preparation time for pickup is manditory, you get a syringe filled with 15ml of Rick Simpson oil.
It works great for COPD breathing symptoms, really helps reduce chest tightness and seems to improve the elasticity of my lungs greatly.I can actually go without my oxygen and nebulizer for several days after one small drop in my mouth. They really need to study this more, it may be a cure. Be careful and use a very, very small amount to start as it is very potent. The cons: You get a tremendous high and should not drive or use outside of the home. The breathing effects last several days per dose and the high only about 8-12 hours, and my energy and strength has increased in a order of magnitude, really effective product. Also has allowed me to gain some weight back, I no longer look as though I just came out of a concentration camp from WWII. It is truly a miracle.
The high CBD oil is much less expensive but, does not have the same effect for COPD, and it is better suited for seizures and muscle twitching in my experience.
I can't afford it very often unfortunately, it really needs to be removed as a schedule 1 substance and allowed to be tested more. I believe big corporate pharma wants to hide this cure.
Anybody else have similar experiences with Rick Simpson oil orally? I don't know if you can smoke it and would not try, it works great orally for me.
The dispensary in the UP of Michigan where I obtain this fine product is called Northern Specialty health, in Houghton. God bless them!

Mike Hunt
Go to Top of Page

Nonna
Rookie

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  10:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike, Do you know what the ratio or percentage of THC to CBD is? Approximately how long after taking it did you start feeling it or did it take a few times using it? Was it gooey or liquid? Sorry for so many questions but this interests me very much. I am doing a lot of research. Thank you, Debra

Nonna
Go to Top of Page

Mike MI
Rookie

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2018 :  9:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nona ,
do not know the ratio it is gooey and you put a small drop about half the size of a grain of rice on your finger 3X per day and lick it off. I know it is very high in THC and low in CBD you get a great high, and you are very relaxed without the side effects of pharmaceuticals. ( of which I have many) For me it works after a few days, significantly reducing my dependence on my nebs, steroids, antibiotics, or oxygen. I have heard that if you can afford it for 3 months daily it can actually repair damaged lung tissue. Please visit Dr. Rick Simpsons website for ratios and tech stuff. All I know is it works great and hope to be able to buy enough to be better off, like so many people on you tube and other sites who have tried it claim. It is not snake oil and actually effective. ( No placebo effect.)
What I enjoy the most is the relief of my chest tightness and more energy and stamina.
It is giving me my life back and wonderful. No exacerbation's since I have begun using it.
Cost is the only thing stopping me from using daily for 3-6 months as recommended by people who claim it has completely cured their COPD. I am very skeptical about "Cures" too, but it does seem to be plausible at this point.
I hope you have the same or better response than I am having now. Keep me posted on here, thanks for your interest.
Mike MI

Mike Hunt
Go to Top of Page

Nonna
Rookie

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  7:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Paul and Mike very much for all the info. It helped me a lot in making a decision to try it. I bought some of the tincture oil and I will report back soon on what my results are. Right now I am still evaluating it. Debra

Nonna
Go to Top of Page

klm49

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2018 :  5:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MI

HI Folks,
The Pros:
I have had a pretty remarkable response from Rick Simpson oil. It is very high in THC and low in CBD it is extremely expensive at about $ 50.00 per 5 ml at my dispensary in Houghton. With a minimum order requirement of 15 ml and 1 week pre notice of preparation time for pickup is manditory, you get a syringe filled with 15ml of Rick Simpson oil.
It works great for COPD breathing symptoms, really helps reduce chest tightness and seems to improve the elasticity of my lungs greatly.I can actually go without my oxygen and nebulizer for several days after one small drop in my mouth. They really need to study this more, it may be a cure. Be careful and use a very, very small amount to start as it is very potent. The cons: You get a tremendous high and should not drive or use outside of the home. The breathing effects last several days per dose and the high only about 8-12 hours, and my energy and strength has increased in a order of magnitude, really effective product. Also has allowed me to gain some weight back, I no longer look as though I just came out of a concentration camp from WWII. It is truly a miracle.
The high CBD oil is much less expensive but, does not have the same effect for COPD, and it is better suited for seizures and muscle twitching in my experience.
I can't afford it very often unfortunately, it really needs to be removed as a schedule 1 substance and allowed to be tested more. I believe big corporate pharma wants to hide this cure.
Anybody else have similar experiences with Rick Simpson oil orally? I don't know if you can smoke it and would not try, it works great orally for me.
The dispensary in the UP of Michigan where I obtain this fine product is called Northern Specialty health, in Houghton. God bless them!

Mike, Have you considered just making your own via growing plants? Possibly your dispensary would tell you what variety is used to make the RSO. The process to make the oil is not a complex one and is readily available on the web.
Go to Top of Page

Mike MI
Rookie

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2018 :  4:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello KLM49,
I'm too old, and poor to afford the growing equipment, and associated electrical bills associated with growing my own. I know it should be made from Indica or hybrid Indica plants. I wish I could make my own, it really works. Unfortunately I'm out again, and due to a high dental bill, will not be able to afford to drive the 90 miles to Houghton and purchase more until June. People really need to know how effective it is, and how big Pharma has front companies now, downplaying the effectiveness of Charolette's Web and RSO. Something should be done to bring this wonderful medication to the people who can really benefit from it. It is so sad you feel like a third world person, just trying to stay healthy. June can't come soon enough for me, I really miss the relief from the chest tightness I get from it and being able to breathe without my oxygen. It makes me forget I have stage 4 copd somtimes and I feel like a normal person. I wish they would remove it from the schedule 1 list and allow research on this important, effective, medicine. I appreciate your concern and input, most of the time I'm just bored beyond belief, praying that I don't have a exacerbation in between runs to Houghton.

Mike Hunt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000