New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carols
Rookie

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  4:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please I need advise on medicine I now use sprivia and symbicort. I have had problems breathing lately just now coming off steroid. I keep getting thrush in my mouth even tho I rinse with salt water after each use. Symbicort has always been good for me, doctor wants me to try Anora. Has anyone tried this and how good did it work.

MDC

410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  10:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol are you using a spacer? I had same problem with symbicort untill therapist said you MUST use a spacer to keep steroids out of your mouth.
Spiriva has no steroid so no problem there.

not recommending but shows how they work. Its what I use, the hospital gives me one every time I am in.

https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/product/HC1077478/optichamber-diamond-valved-holding-chamber

Why to Use a Spacer with a Metered-Dose Inhaler (MDI)

It helps deliver the medicine to the airways of the lungs instead of the mouth. This helps the medicine work better and lessens side effects.IE Thrush Mouth.

No problems since.

Mike

Getting Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional

Edited by - MDC on Dec 08 2017 11:07:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

tsainta
Contributing Member

USA
1823 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  1:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you wash your mouth out, try tilting your head back and gargling before you spit out the water. When you're done, swallow a mouthful of water. I found that the back area of my throat was the most important area to rinse.

Tony-CA

50% of dealing with COPD is common sense.
Go to Top of Page

Gerry-FL

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2017 :  11:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tagging on about medicines. I've used Tudorza and symbicort for quite a few years. Since I am getting worse, at my last appointment a week ago the doc suggested a change to Brea and Incruse. I like the fewer doses, but one of these two is making me dizzy for close to an hour after use. (I think it's the Incruse) Does anyone have any idea about the relative value and side effects of these inhalers? I know there are two types we have to use (I have emphysema and not asthma) but I'm not exactly clear as to which is which.
Gerry

"I want to go quietly in my sleep like Uncle Amos. Not screaming and yelling like his passengers."
Go to Top of Page

hapolati

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2017 :  2:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always interested in user reviews of various inhalers. Most seem to do little or nothing for me. But dry mouth and thrush are frequent side effects. Recently started Breo, but had runny nose and flu symptoms, which were listed as possible side effects. May have had other causes but temporarily stopped inhaler use. Also gives thrush time to go away.

terry farley
Go to Top of Page

Sandy9s

USA
393 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2017 :  3:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have copd/emphysema....long time now (20 years?) I really, really seem to be better since I've been using Incruse Ellipta as an added medicine for about 1 year already. I also routinely take: Combivent Inhaler; Advair; generic Mucinex. I also (occasionally) take Duo-Nebs in my portable inhaler. And, when I am pretty bad due to harder-time-breathing, I go on a 21-day predisone regimen and take Levoquin....at the recommendation of my pulmonologist. I had to do the prednisone regimen about 4 or 5 times during 2017. I do keep track of the dates and doseages.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000