portable oxygen concentrator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

faybees

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  10:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone on here recently spoke of a new Portable Concentrator that would do continuous and be lighter in weight. I cannot remember where I saw it. Does anyone know if this machine has hit the market yet and if it has, what is it called?

tsainta
Contributing Member

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  12:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It may be the SeQual eQuinox.

Tony-CA

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
--Andy Rooney
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  12:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, that is a big drag along. This new continuous one was to be under 10lbs.

fay beech
Go to Top of Page

PennyPA
Contributing Member

USA
5905 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  8:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check the Invacare site. It might be one of theirs.

Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many

You can’t change the past but you can ruin the present worrying about the future.

The Bad News: Time flies as you get older.
The Good News: You’re still the pilot.

Penny's Lung Volume Reduction Surgery

And Our Travel Blog After LVRS

Edited by - PennyPA on Dec 13 2017 8:05:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sokcap48

USA
913 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  8:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New lungs weigh about 3 pounds. :) Simply Go weighs 10 puts out 2 LPM continuous

Paul-Ut
The Journey Continues.
Go to Top of Page

tsainta
Contributing Member

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  12:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fay, I don't know for sure if you're right or I am, but the SeQual eQuinox is going out of production at the end of the year. So, if you're right, no sweat, but if I'm right, time is running out.

Tony-CA

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
--Andy Rooney
Go to Top of Page

Sokcap48

USA
913 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  8:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eQuinox— Weighs 14 pounds, but puts out up to 3 LPM continuos which is pretty good for that size Machine.

Paul-Ut
The Journey Continues.
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  12:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A guy came on and said to watch this space, I wish I could find the post. He was a person who seemed to know about this new machine. Someone on here brought him in to a conversation to answer a question on portable concentrators.. I think he might be a poster here also.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy9s

USA
472 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  8:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SimplyGo weighs about 10 lbs. Goes to 2 or 3 CF plus up to 5 Pulse.
Go to Top of Page

jmrommes
Contributing Member

1991 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2018 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Simply Go produces 2 lpm continuous and goes to a setting of 6 on pulse. The max it will put out on pulse based on 15 breaths per minute is 72ml; 30 breaths per minute is 66 ml. I just looked up the specs.

Exercise not only lets me live, it enables me to have a life.
Go to Top of Page

BillN-MO
Rookie

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  1:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently bought a Invacare Platinum Mobile Concentrator - weighs 6 lbs with two batteries. Comes with carry case and carry straps to make it shoulder or backpack carry. Has 4 levels of oxy and batteries top load - one or two. So far I love it but had to send the first one back because it arrived with a defect. The company was providing an extended warranty (3 years upped to 5 years) and may still be doing that. The supplier I bought it from was selling below MSRP and that saved me at least $500. Total price was $2198 with two batteries. Need more info, just ask or I can supply dealer info. Seems to be great company.
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  3:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What this guy was talking about was something completely new. He did say in his post to watch this space, he seemed to be in the know about it. Oh well. I do not need one now anyway, now that i am on the transplant list.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy9s

USA
472 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  4:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Invacare Platinum Mobile Concentrator is only Pulse.........no continuous flow.

Go to Top of Page

BillN-MO
Rookie

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2018 :  8:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True it is only pulse. Perhaps I did not read that the person required continuous. In any case it works fine for me.
Go to Top of Page

Jocopd

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2018 :  9:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe this is the post you reference Faybees:

QUOTE from member CMOTTO - towards the end he talks about something new coming out.

Hi everyone. There are many different topics in this post. Thanks again Dave for the note. Keep in mind, no single device is the best fit for each individual's intended use or needs. There are also different schools of thought about use at night, and also many myths propagated over the years, consistent with some "beliefs" and opinions written here. Pursuant to the initial post...cylinders or big old tanks are hardly ever provided to anyone for use at night any longer. For night time needs a good standard stationary concentrator usually "fits" the need and most commonly provided. POC's, or portable concentrators, generally are not provided for night time use, simply because they are more expensive, and most providers won't provide these when the lesser expensive stationary concentrator will fit the need. It really doesn't have anything to do with whether they are continuous flow or not, shallow breathers, etc...the fact is most POC's have built in sensors and alarms that standard traditional units do not have. If a POC's is attempted to be used at night, and the user doesn't tolerate the device (i.e. shallow breather) alarms will alert the user and they'll know right away that is not a device for them. Most modern POC's these days have very sensitive breath detection that will work for even shallow breathers.
Be careful with some semantics too. Lifechoice POC is rated at 3 LPM, but its a pulse only device. Don't be confused by "marketing" terms that a device can be used "continuously", that is not the same as a "continuous flow" device and is commonly misunderstood."Pulse Wave" per their marketing is simply a marketing "word" for pulse dose. The smallest, lightest, continuous flow POC currently available is about 17 lbs, still considered by most too heavy for full time use and a more expensive machine for night time use compared with a 30 lb traditional stationary concentrator (i.e EverFlo per note above). Stay tuned...there is a soon to be released Continous Flow concentrator under 10 lbs, within the next 45 days! Further Hint: it might explain my lack of known whereabouts over the last month or so. (sorry again for that!)

However this is quite old and I am sure things have improved since then.
Go to Top of Page

faybees

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2018 :  11:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is absolutely the post. So where is this new fangled machine? Has it hit the market yet?
Go to Top of Page

Jocopd

USA
184 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2018 :  11:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think so since the original post is "Posted - Jan 18 2012 : 9:42:44 PM" If you go to the search at the top right and put in "stay tuned" then search it will return a couple of posts and this post is under the Inogen one
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000