Inhalers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roadrunne98

USA
230 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  6:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am going to try to shorten this If i .can: went to pulmonologist last yr.,he stopped the ipratropium bromide and said just take the albuterol in the neb. I did not like the doctor so yesterday I went to another pulmonologist. He said take breo and the duoneb.. I had tried the duoneb. The druggist said duoneb is albuterol and ipratropium bromide combined... if it is one in the same why did he say the duoneb is Better? On the internet it says the duoneb is the 2 together. So I have 3 boxes still so I want to continue with the 2 separate ones and combine them in my machine. Does that make sense to you. I did notice when I did add the bromide, I did get phlegm and I coughed with the addition of the bromide. Another question. If I am on 02 24/7 , my girlfriend said I would not need a cpap

PennyPA
Contributing Member

USA
5878 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2017 :  7:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cpap is for sleep apnea. If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, you can get a mask that will allow you to attach your 02 to it. Oxygen alone does not offer the benefits that a cpap offers. Cpap stands for Continuous Positive Air Pressure which is just what it says. It does not supply supplemental 02. Nor does 02 offer the continuous positive air pressure. They are 2 different critters but there are many people who use them concurrently.

Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many

You canít change the past but you can ruin the present worrying about the future.

The Bad News: Time flies as you get older.
The Good News: Youíre still the pilot.

Penny's Lung Volume Reduction Surgery

And Our Travel Blog After LVRS

Edited by - PennyPA on Dec 13 2017 7:33:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

jmrommes
Contributing Member

1870 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  2:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Breo is a combination of a Long Acting Beta Agonist and an inhaled corticosteroid. The Duoneb is a combination of albuterol (a short acting beta agonist) and an anticholineric. Technically, you're double dosing on the beta agonists, but I don't think I'd worry about that since many people use altuberol and a LABA. You might find that you have racing heart rate, or at least a faster heart rate than you're comfortable with.

Breo and duoneb aren't the same meds. Some patients (and probably some docs as well) feel that a nebulized med gets into the lungs better; that may be what he was saying. Combivent is the same combination of meds as duoneb, but some people prefer the nebulized version.

Exercise not only lets me live, it enables me to have a life.
Go to Top of Page

Roadrunne98

USA
230 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2017 :  2:47:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I#65039; just got back from the breathing test at the drís. The boy tested you with and without the albuterol inhaler to see how much help you get from it. I#65039; told him not too much for me from previous tests iíve Had. After he was done, he said you were right, doesnít help me much., only 1%. So why do they have me taking it 4times a day, and now this new dr. iím Seeing has added the bromide also 4 times a day. Does it help in other ways?
Go to Top of Page

tsainta
Contributing Member

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2017 :  3:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever thought of asking the doctor who is prescribing it?

Tony-CA

50% of dealing with COPD is common sense.
Go to Top of Page

Roadrunne98

USA
230 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2017 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This test is done for the pulmonologist so he is prescribing it. Iíve been king th nebulizer for over ten yrs. with albuterol in it. Why when itís only helping 1 % would they make me take it.? Thatís no help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000