Annuity Elliotís 200 MCG
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diane545

USA
188 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  7:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody used this? I am on Symbicort, Sprivia & 5 mg Predisone. Doctor is using this in addition and hopefully get off Predisone. Whatís your thought. My cost with insurance was $54. Hope it works.

Jocopd

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  7:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that the right spelling? Cause all I can find is info from Elliots fine nutrition which looks to be a website for natural dog/cat/human remedies and other about annuity by some investor named elliot.
Go to Top of Page

Diane545

USA
188 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  8:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correct spelling annuity ellipta, sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

muddleaged

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  8:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if it is ARNUITY ELLIPTA, a prescription inhaled corticosteroid medicine taken as 1 inhalation, once daily, for the control and prevention of asthma in adults and children aged 12 years and older.
Go to Top of Page

Diane545

USA
188 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  8:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gosh, my eyes are failing me, you are right. I think my goal is to hopefully get off steroids. From what I have read mostly used for Ashma. I was just wondering because Iím on Symbicort if this is like doubling up. Wonderered if anyone else has had success with it. Thanks for helping me out.
Go to Top of Page

jmrommes
Contributing Member

1774 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2017 :  10:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please understand that most of what we take was originally developed for asthma. The LABAs and the inhaled steroids were all developed for asthma originally. The only class of med that was developed specifically for COPD is the anticholinergics, like Spiriva. And to answer your question, if you're on Symbicort, you're already getting an inhaled steroid, so yes you are doubling up. Check with your doc to be sure he understands what you're taking.

Exercise not only lets me live, it enables me to have a life.
Go to Top of Page

Diane545

USA
188 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2017 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, didnít realize all meds started with asthma. Think her goal is to try and get me off Predisone because this inhaler is not suppose to be as bad as oral steroid. I am having problems with fatty liver and other side effects of prednisone. I just hope it helps.
Go to Top of Page

PennyPA
Contributing Member

USA
5841 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2017 :  5:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are you on the oral pred if the doc wants to get you off steroids? Why doesn't she just gradually reduce the oral prednisone until you're off it altogether? The Symbicort/spiriva regime is a very common one.

Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many

You canít change the past but you can ruin the present worrying about the future.

The Bad News: Time flies as you get older.
The Good News: Youíre still the pilot.

Penny's Lung Volume Reduction Surgery

And Our Travel Blog After LVRS

Go to Top of Page

Diane545

USA
188 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2017 :  8:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Penny, I have been on Predisone 5mg for about 6 months, sometimes higher dose do to excasberation. Every time I get down to 2 1/2 I canít hardly breathe and they say I am not moving air. I was in hospital 2 times in one year. It will be a year since my last hospitalization come Jan, excited about that. I think she is trying to use inhaler hoping it will help to wean off oral.
Go to Top of Page

SteveinMechanicsburg

70 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  09:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope this comment is relevant, at least marginally . . .
I would get broncho-constrictions not long after starting a walk or some exertion. Appears that the toxins in cigarettes gave me an asthma-like aspect to my COPD. With Breo Ellipta, no broncho-constrictions since my first inhale two years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Gerry-FL

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  09:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveinMechanicsburg

Hope this comment is relevant, at least marginally . . .
I would get broncho-constrictions not long after starting a walk or some exertion. Appears that the toxins in cigarettes gave me an asthma-like aspect to my COPD. With Breo Ellipta, no broncho-constrictions since my first inhale two years ago.

I tried Breo Ellipta a few weeks ago and it would make me dizzy immediately after inhaling and that persisted for something like one hour. Is that a normal reaction? I liked the once daily instead of my current Tudorza/symbicort combo.

"I want to go quietly in my sleep like Uncle Amos. Not screaming and yelling like his passengers."
Go to Top of Page

jmrommes
Contributing Member

1774 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  4:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting dizzy immediately after inhaling probably isn't a typical reaction to inhaling Breo; check the insert for side effects to be sure. You do know that by substituting the Breo for Symbicort and Tudorza you're not getting the Long acting anticholinergic in Tudorza; you're just getting the long acting beta agonist and an inhaled steroid. Breo is a substitute for Symbicort only; not for Tudorza too.

Exercise not only lets me live, it enables me to have a life.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000