New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BillN-MO
Rookie

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  08:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am pretty new to this game and my supplier sends me any kind of cannula that I ask for but when I originally got my small tanks (fill at home) and pulse regulator they gave me a flared tip cannula. No problem with it or the regular tip so I assumed that pulse regulators all use flared tip cannulas. But when I bought a new Invacare Platinum Mobile POC it came with a 4 ft cannula with nonflared tip. That got me to wondering - should those using pulse concentrators use flared tips or does it matter? Inquiring minds want to know. One day I will get brave and ask how in the heck do you keep any nose tip in the nose at night short of super gluing it......lol

Zellie

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  09:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This article explains it.
http://www.mhoxygen.com/index.php/faq/325-what-is-the-difference-between-standard-and-flare-tip-cannulas

Zell
Go to Top of Page

BillN-MO
Rookie

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  10:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Zell. That is a complete answer. Interesting in that it was in an aviation publication. During my Air Force career I knew a lot of fighter pilots who, after having a tought night at the officer's club looked forward to dialing up the oxygen in their jets the next day....lol They said it does wonders for hangovers. I can't vouch for that.

Edited by - BillN-MO on Feb 01 2018 10:46:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

sslei

163 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  1:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zellie you answered something I did not know.. I know in the past I was getting some that had quite long prongs and had to cut them, I just ordered a box of 25 that have shorter prongs and they are soft. My question is to you or anyone that knows why when you first use a new one of the soft ones which are like cooked spaghetti and you hardly notice them but after about a month they firm up to a harder material.
Sandy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000