Symptoms of second shot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roadrunne98

USA
310 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  11:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone have symptoms of second shot. My healthy friend was very tired and had chills. Making think twice in my condition what to do.. opinions

Dave-OH
Administrator

USA
4354 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  12:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a sore arm, and after a week some minor rashes on our backs. Compared to the virus, this is minor. I know that nurses at Hopkins and my PT at the VA had a bad day after the second shot, but only for a number of hours. It seems the response is more severe in younger individuals with stronger immune systems. This is from the information from my extended community of friends.

But Covid kills. The vaccine is the best way to not die or become an ICU patient with the virus.

Dave, Forum Administrator
COPD Support, Inc. http://www.copd-support.com/
Your source for peer support and COPD Info

My Site: http://lungresources.com
Go to Top of Page

klm49

USA
131 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  12:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roadrunne98

Did anyone have symptoms of second shot. My healthy friend was very tired and had chills. Making think twice in my condition what to do.. opinions

I didnt notice anything but I had a slight case of pneumonia.
Go to Top of Page

gms

USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  2:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had zero effects from either the first or second Pfizer shot. I did experience a sore arm at the injection site which is typical for any injection administered intramuscularly... but nothing from the vaccine itself.
Go to Top of Page

Gig - IL
Rookie

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  4:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Moderna shot: very sore arm for 24 hrs
Second shot: not even a sore arm, but did sleep a lot more than usual for a couple of days
I am very grateful to have been able to get the vaccine.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy9s

USA
606 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  4:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
48 hrs. after 1st shot, I went into a 5-hr. Afib episode. After Shot #2, nothing other than the sore arm for a day.

I am fully vaccinated now. With no vaccine, I would be dead with the Covid. It was a no-brainer for my decision.

Go to Top of Page

rjh-spokane

USA
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  02:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No sore arm. Extreme tired both shots. Lots of nap time and feeling fatigued. After over 61 days in emergency room, hospitals and rehab and then 4 emergency room visits I felt I came out pretty good. Been a week since my 2nd shot and doing fine. Absolutely relived that I got my vaccinations. Every person should get theirs. It is the only answer to the pandemic. You definitely do not want to get this disease and for sure do not want to be the one responsible for infecting someone else, friend or relative and cause a death.
Go to Top of Page

fatpuppy

192 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  06:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got my second shot Wednesday and didn't even have the sore arm after.

ďAs democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.Ē H.L.Mencken 1920
Go to Top of Page

jmrommes
Contributing Member

2135 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  1:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Pfizer researchers told me in a Webinar that people ages 30 - 55 have a greater chance of having moderate to severe reactions to the second shot, with women have a greater chance than men. I think about 20% reported this in the trials overall, and this data has been confirmed with the experience of people who've gotten the vaccine since they were made available. As you get older your chances of having a moderate to severe reaction are significantly less, down to something on the order of 3-5% if you're over 80.

Don't know about Moderna or J&J.

Exercise not only lets me live, it enables me to have a life.
Go to Top of Page

fatpuppy

192 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  1:31:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife had a fever, chills and the aches and pains usually associated with the flu. She felt miserable yesterday.

ďAs democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.Ē H.L.Mencken 1920
Go to Top of Page

gms

USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  1:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 67 yo female friend of mine had 3 to 4 days of flu like symptoms that hit her pretty hard after her first Pfizer shot. Swelling of the arm and a body rash went along with it... and she spent quite a lot of time in bed.
She went for her second shot this morning... time will tell, but I sure hope it doesn't hit her as hard this time. Still better than Covid.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000