Anyone on O2 and using CPAP/BIPAP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

klm49

USA
131 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2021 :  6:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if you require a higher O2 setting while on CPAP/BIPAP?

sslei

183 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2021 :  6:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are you using the cpap/bipap for, I use a Trilogy, and it is for pulling Co2 off, and I leave it on the same O2.
Sandy Lei
Go to Top of Page

klm49

USA
131 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2021 :  06:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sslei

What are you using the cpap/bipap for, I use a Trilogy, and it is for pulling Co2 off, and I leave it on the same O2.
Sandy Lei

I had an overnight Sleep titration several weeks ago and they discovered I needed O2 at night. I have to adjust my O2 up by about 1/2 LPM to prevent the desaturations from being to low. The Sleep titration is one of the reasons I have oxygen at all. I was just curious about others. Apparently nightime desaturations are normal but if you already have a low SPO2 they can be a problem.
Go to Top of Page

rjh-spokane

USA
84 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  02:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Trilogy is CPAP/BIPAP and a noninvasive ventilator depending how it is set up. It is probably used mainly as a ventilator. There is a hole in the top of the mask which allows a lot of air to bypass your breathing and any oxygen you have hooked up to the machine is vented (Wasted) along with this air. If this air being vented is say 50% of the air pressure made by trilogy, then 50% of the oxygen you have going to the machine will be wasted also. There are several different places to connect the oxygen and I hook mine to a connection provided on the hose right before its connection to the mask. I hook it up at 6 LPM.

Using this ventilator has stopped my leg cramps due to low oxygen, stopped my shortage of breath during the night and I sleep through the whole night the majority of the time. It takes a while to get use to it but now I look forward to it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000