Replacement regulator
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Jocopd

USA
265 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2021 :  3:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So my insurance dme provides the tanks that fit in the shoulder bag for my "portable" oxygen.

I seem to have a lot of issues with the Bonsai Valve regulators and need to have them replaced frequently.

Yes, I change out the washers. But there is not much more than that one can do to help them last longer.

So I wind up sitting at home until the other regulator gets delivered - usually some time late that day or night. Office visits to them have been canceled due to Covid but I used to just drive into town and replace them that way.

I was going to buy my own valve so I can still go out and about when this happens so I don't have to sit at home. But most of them are well over $100.

I have seen some smaller green valves that look comparable but without the pulse option for around $30. So long as its a G870 I think it would work.

My inogen took a dump so that is out. Its an older model and costs too much to repair.

Any ideas?

I asked if I could have a back up regulator but they said if my insurance would even approve such a thing then they would charge me double cause I had 2 of them

Sokcap48

USA
970 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2021 :  01:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back in the OLD days when I was on 02 I bought two or three off of eBay.that are both pulse and continuous. Fairly cheap. Just make sure you have the option to return if they donít work. If you have a standard tank most out there will work fine.
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A LUNG TRANSPLANT ?

Paul-Ut
Double lung transplant 9-30-16
Lung in a Box recipient
The Journey Continues.

Edited by - Sokcap48 on Oct 14 2021 01:55:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jocopd

USA
265 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  6:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sokcap48

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED A LUNG TRANSPLANT ?

I do not have the necessary family support.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy9s

USA
629 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2021 :  8:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can buy regulators on the internet for under $20.00.

My absolute favorite is the Easy Pulse 5+6. It has 5 Pulse Settings and 6 Continuous Settings. I go back and forth on the settings so that my oxygen tanks can last for as many hours as I want them to.

Yes, these regulators are expensive from Precision
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
COPD Support Discussion Boards © Copyright COPD-Support, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000